After the dozers are done and the siding is hung, your yard may be full of ruts and uneven ground, making it hard to establish a lawn and even harder to run a mower over it. At Schockemoehl Landscaping Inc. in Cascade, Iowa, we have the equipment and experience to help level your property for optimal water drainage and seed prep.
We help trench-in tile systems around your home’s foundation to keep water from breaching your basement and run downspouts to divert water flow. Want to level your lawn? We do that too. With our fleet of light equipment, we can remove the rocks and turn up the topsoil to get your bare ground ready for seeding and sodding.
WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE FOR EROSION CONTROL ON MY PROPERTY?
- DRAINAGE TILE
- Sub-surface permeable lines of pipe to help absorb water and divert it away from vulnerable areas on your land
- TRENCHED-IN DOWNSPOUTS
- Connect your house’s downspouts to underground drainage tile to keep water away from your home’s foundation and out of your basement
- RETAINING WALLS
- Prevent your dirt and shrub beds from being washed away in heavy-precipitation or high-water events
- See examples of our retaining wall systems here
- SPECIALLY-DESIGNED SHRUB BEDS
- Install root-dense shrubs to help hold soil in place